- BrightRidge Voice
- VoIP Phone Line includes new local phone number or porting of your existing number, unlimited local calling, caller ID, standard calling features, voice mail, web portal, and local 911 services.
Take advantage of 3000 minutes of long distance and $.05 per minute after that. Domestic long distance calling includes the Contiguous United States and Hawaii (Alaska not included).
- $18.99 month Speech-to-Text feature available for $4.95/month Additional fees may apply.* Requires BrightRidge fiber internet.*
- 8 Hour Battery Backup
- Customer may purchase a Battery Backup rated for up to 8 hours standby time to provide continued voice service in the event electrical power in your home is lost. Price subject to change. Purchase may be made in 2 installments at customer request.
- $80.00 one time purchase Additional fees may apply.*
- 24 Hour Battery Backup
- Customer may purchase a Battery Backup rated for up to 24 hours standby time to provide continued voice service in the event electrical power in your home is lost. Price subject to change. Purchase may be made in 4 installments at customer request.
- $160.00 one time purchase Additional fees may apply.*
You can keep your existing number or receive a new number with BrightRidge Voice.
Some exclusions may apply.
BrightRidge Voice is only available in areas served by fiber.
If BrightRidge Voice is installed at a later date than the high-speed internet install, additional installation charges may be applied.
Electric PLUS Broadband = Total Comfort!
Let us be your ultimate provider for electricity, as well as internet and voice services. Now, that is one-stop shopping that cannot be beat.
How does BrightRidge Broadband Voice over IP (VOIP) work?
Traditionally, a phone conversation is converted to electronic signals that traverse an elaborate network of switches in a dedicated circuit that lasts the duration of a call. In Voice over Internet Protocol, your conversation is converted to packets of data that travel over the internet or private networks, just like emails or web pages, through voice packets that get priority status. The packets get re-assembled and converted to sound on the other end of the call. The quality of the service is nearly identical to, or sometimes better than, traditional phone service. You may use any number of computers on your broadband service while talking on the phone. The system automatically gives priority to your voice traffic to ensure quality of service.
Do you provide a battery backup to maintain Voice service in the event of a power outage?
If you request a battery backup, BrightRidge offers UPS back-up via a per-month charge. UPS installation is free during the initial install of the Voice service. BrightRidge Voice Network uses a private connection, not a public internet connection.
Can I keep my existing phone number?
Yes. When you sign up for BrightRidge Broadband Voice service, you may choose to “port” (transfer) your existing phone number over to our service. BrightRidge will provide a Line Number Port authorization (LNP) form, allowing us to contact your current carrier and port your number. It’s critical that the LNP have the exact same address and account number your current carrier has on record. Those can be obtained from a recent bill from your current provider. Should you wish to port an existing number, it is important to NOT disconnect the number with your current provider. Doing so will prevent us from be able to port it and the number could also be lost.
Does 911 service work?
Yes. You have Enhanced 911 which allows 911 calls to be connected directly to a live 911 center, and not through a secondary call center. This allows the responding personnel to access your address directly.
Can I dial using only seven digits?
Yes. Local calls within your area code may be dialed with seven digits.