Social media is defined as forms of electronic communication such as websites for social networking, content sharing, and microblogging through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content such as videos, infographics, audio files, etc. Social media can include, but is not limited to blogs, instant messaging tools, social networking sites, career networking sites, content sharing sites, forums, and wikis. Many social media platforms allow users of those sites to become a friend, fan, follower, member, or otherwise associate, their own profiles, pages, blog spaces, or any other virtual presence with BrightRidge’s profile on these sites. Examples of such sites are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google +, Wikipedia, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, and various blogging sites like Blogger, Tumblr, and WordPress.
BrightRidge welcomes your comments, posts, and messages on our social media sites. Reponses to information received through BrightRidge social media platforms are managed as follows:
• BrightRidge staff monitor and respond to questions and comments via social media sites during our call center’s normal operating hours of Monday‐Friday, 8am – 5pm.
• We will increase the frequency of posting and responding on Twitter and Facebook during outage events as time and resources are available. However, power outages should be reported via phone at (423) 952‐5000 or reported via SmartHub.
BrightRidge does not collect, maintain or otherwise use the personal information stored on any third party social media platform other than to communicate with users on that site, unless granted permission by users for BrightRidge contact outside the site. The purpose for contact outside the site may include program promotion, issue resolution, education, or other similar activities. Users may remove themselves at any time from BrightRidge’s friend, fan, or follower lists. Users should be aware that third party websites have their own privacy policies and should proceed accordingly.
We recognize and respect differences in opinion and all interactions on social media platforms are regularly monitored and reviewed for content and relevancy. Postings containing any of the following content will be removed and the user will be banned from BrightRidge social media platforms at our sole discretion:
• Obscene, profane, or racist content
• Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
• Any individual naming of BrightRidge employees
• Potentially libelous statements
• Plagiarized or copy‐written material
• Private, personal information published without consent
• Comments totally unrelated to the content of the forum
• Hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion
• Commercial promotions or spam
• Organized political or religious activity or proselytizing
• Photos or other images that fall in any of the above categories
In addition, BrightRidge reserves the right to edit or modify any postings or comments for space or content while retaining the intent of the original post. BrightRidge reserves the right to reproduce comments, posts, and messages in other public venues. For example, BrightRidge may reproduce a response to a YouTube video review in a newspaper article or on the company website, www.BrightRidge.com. Identifying information, other than first name, will be removed unless prior approval is granted by the user.
BrightRidge, nor its officers, employees, suppliers, or agents assume liability regarding any event, action, or inaction that takes place by any participant on any BrightRidge sponsored social media service. BrightRidge does not endorse or review content any social media site that was not created by BrightRidge. Participation in BrightRidge social media services implies agreement with all BrightRidge policies, including its Social Media Policy. If a user does not agree to the terms of the BrightRidges’ policies, they are not to interact with BrightRidge sponsored social media services.
BrightRidge will periodically evaluate the role and utility of social media platforms and may modify or, temporarily or permanently, discontinue the use of social media sites with or without notice to subscribers. Users agree that BrightRidge is not liable to you or any third‐party for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the modification or discontinuance of this site.